Become a skipper
APPLY FOR A SKIPPER COURSE AND GET INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE – ICC
YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE OR OWN A BOAT
Even if you do not have a boat, even if you do not have any experience, but you are tempted by the sea, you can make your dream come true – to sail the sea, participate in races or rent a yacht in the warm waters and relax all year round!
- you will get theoretical knowledge and practical experience on boat navigation and will be trained for the ICC license exams at CSDD;
- City Yacht Club is a certified training office by CSDD;
- we provide the necessary technical equipment and the necessary nautical miles acquisition;
- With ICC certificate you will be able safely navigate in inland waterways and rent a yacht anywhere in the world.
Who can apply?
- anyone interested to learn sailing and boat navigation with or without boating experience;
- you do no need to own a boat, we provide sailing boat for practical training;
- separate courses are organised in Latvian and Russian languages.
- individual courses also available
- Technical part of yacht building and repair
- Aerodynamics, hydrodynamics
- Technical navigation aids
- Heavy weather boat handling
- COLREGS – International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea
- Maritime law
- Sailing ethics
- GMDSS, radio communication
- First aid
- Sailing manoeuvres
- Yacht mooring
- Boat handling in different weather conditions
- Yacht’s course and sea lane
- Man overboard
|63h / 3 months
Skipper course – calendar
The course repeats 3 times per year
in March, September and December
Sept. – Nov.
Dec. – Feb.
Mar. – May
|Theoretical course in Riga, Ķīpsala, Balasta dambis
in Latvian (Mo. & We. 18:00-21:00)
in Russian (Tu. & Th. 18:00-21:00)
|May – Oct.
|Practical trainings and exams take place in
City Yacht Club: Riga, Kipsala, Balasta dambis
|Apr. – Aug.
|study trips 500 miles in Greece, the Baltic Sea or other waters
as agreed with the members of the group
The process of obtaining ICC licence
Teorētiskā apmācība skolas kursos Theoretical learning in school courses and exam 3h course twice per week 3 months.
Practical training and school exam. 3-20h, depending on your skills.
Exams at CSDD
Theoretical and practical exam at CSDD. You can pass exams at CSDD in any order, agreed with CSDD in advance.
Nautical miles. Each year we organise a group of sailors in Greece.
ICC licence issuing process is regulated by MK regulations No. 619. Find out more at CSDD homepage